The windshield of a car is one of the most important elements of protection, so it needs to be replaced if it has any cracks or damage however small it may be. It takes two people to remove the old windshield and install a new glass, working from inside and outside the car. You need to hold the windshield frame with a rubber gasket Flexible good, so the packaging must be changed, if it’s dry cracked or damaged. Follow these tips help.
- Disconnect the cleaners, the rearview mirror and any other close to the windshield glass object. Remove the screws or hooks cleaners and unscrew the mirror. It covers the heating vents to protect against broken glass.
- Check the gasket that seals the glass frame. Should be replaced if cracked or hardened. I pull it out by inserting a knife into the rubber (do not hit the glass) and sliding the knife along the entire shore. If the packaging is fine, put a wooden stick along the outer edge to break the seal between the rubber and the frame, so that you can save.
- Remove the glass pushing from inside the car. Gently push (do not you kick) with your feet and stick along the top of the glass. Make a second person hold the glass out.
- Remove the gasket (if you can reuse) of old glass and place it in the new windshield, making sure that the thicker and heavier shore go along the inside of the glass. If the package is new, remove the seal and let it warm up a time in the sun before installing.
- Cleans rust and grime window frame and board. Packing groove covers the windshield with Vaseline and inserts a nylon cord along the whole packaging. Use enough cord and center it so that both sides of the cord extend at least 2 feet (60 cm.) From the bottom center of the package.
- Place the new glass in the windscreen frame from the outside of the car, but placed loose lace edges inside the car. Take one of the banks of the cord from inside and gently pull it out of the packaging to place inside lip instead. Make your assistant push the rubber to keep it in place.
- Clean all traces of Vaseline there remained outside the frame. Reinstall the rearview mirror and windshield wipers.